Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lessons learned at Jaunty Beta

Jaunty Beta has been incredible in countably infinite ways:

Good:
Bad:
  • The audio stack has been in constant flux since Jaunty opened for development. Apologies for not having been able to provide a smoother, better engineered experience, and thanks for sticking with me through the stuttering, clicking, popping, and crashing...
  • I have been reminded constantly that we, as a community, are failing to support our upstreams and volunteers. During last December's UDS in Mountain View, I took a moment to thank Graham Binns for his thankless work on the Launchpad bug tracker. There have been scattered attempts of "thank a developer" a day. Really, we need to be doing that every chance we have! So - thank you, fellow volunteers and developers. I really couldn't keep plugging away at FOSS without you gals and guys.
  • It is fashionable to hate on Ubuntu and Canonical. I am not an apologist for either, but I do choose to spend my time primarily in Ubuntu. Practically, I do not have enough cycles to treat all upstreams equally. That sucks. Apologies to Debian, PulseAudio, and Linux, to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment